Is Socialist Redistribution of Wealth Legit?

Miseducation is a Powerful Thing

The term “redistribution of wealth” is a deliberately misleading term because it makes people think that government authority is going to forcefully seize the rightful assets of the wealthy and give it to the poor for free. Clearly, most people see that as wrong and that’s why we see otherwise intelligent people scoff at the Occupy Wall Street movement or dismiss presidential candidates like Bernie Sanders who are taken to be socialists.

Have you seen the infographics and the statistics about how much wealth the top 1% of society owns compared to the rest of the 99% combined? If you didn’t know better, it is natural to assume that, well, the 1%’s wealth is rightfully theirs. They earned it by whatever means. Maybe some of the 1% just won the lottery — they’re lucky. No one has the right to “redistribute” what someone else has legitimately earned.

But that’s exactly the point — the wealth of the 1% has not been earned legitimately. So addressing the wealth gap is not about “redistributing wealth” or some kind of overt socialist program. It’s simply about cutting off all the illegitimate ways the 1% has been able to steal wealth and resources from everyone else.

Theologically, Allah provides enough rizq, i.e., provision, for all people to live and survive. The fact that so many people in the world are hungry or starving and living in utter destitution and can’t even get clean water is not because Allah has not provided enough resources on earth to sustain these people. The only reason some people cannot get enough to eat is because other people have illegitimately taken food from the mouths of those people. Stopping that theft is not socialism or redistribution of wealth. It’s justice.


Miseducation is a Powerful ThingThe term "redistribution of wealth" is a deliberately misleading term because it makes…

Posted by Daniel Haqiqatjou on Thursday, February 4, 2016

MuslimSkeptic Needs Your Support!
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Syed Shaheer Uddin Ahmed

Wealth equity
Controlling wealth
Helping the poor



Can you expand on and prove that the top 1% illegitimately earned their wealth?

Mohammed Bakir

Salam to all, listening to Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump tells me why capitalism (in addition to Socialism). Capital does increase the amount of poor but guess what, Muslim leftists, socialism is also a corrupt system which has been shown not to succeed.

There are some rich who are insincere right but shall we penalize those who worked hard to be rich and are law abiding citizens??

Unlike the unjust taxation of the rich posed by socialism Which could result in unjustly taxing hard working rich people to provide for some poor people who don’t want to do anything for society (I am aware there are hard working and sincere poor people but there are also poor people who want to be lazy and live off government support and do nothing).

I do wish we implement the system of the zakat which is 1. Not exploiting those rich people who worked hard for their money 2. Going to provide assistance to the poor people.

While capitalism has its flaws, it is shameful to see many Muslims so compromised to The left and think Islam supports Socialism.

lexapro cost

I am also writing to make you know what a impressive encounter my friend’s girl gained reading through your web page. She learned plenty of pieces, which include what it’s like to possess an amazing helping mood to let other folks smoothly know just exactly several impossible subject matter. You truly exceeded our own expectations. Thank you for offering these necessary, safe, explanatory and even fun tips about this topic to Julie.