In our fast-paced world of ‘progressiveness’, we see and hear many hurtful things about Islam and Muslims. We will admit that they have nothing to do with Islam. Yet, our minds have been flooded with false news, misinformation, outright lies, and immorality, twisting them to feel enlightened but spiritually deprived.
If we look at the craving for Bollywood and the immense passion with which some Muslims watch it, it’s actually nauseating. All praise is for Allah Ta’ala, He has saved me from Bollywood. I cannot be more grateful for this great bounty.
Think over the following:
- Bollywood promotes actors with Muslim-sounding names to draw in the Muslim crowds at the cinemas.
- These very same male actors flex their muscles on screen, shoot, punch and do all sorts of things to impress upon the Muslims that Bollywood has nothing against Islam and Muslims.
- These films contain countless haram elements that are promoted.
- The Bollywood actors are known to promote LGBT and even act out lesbian and gay scenes.
- Muslims are engaged in a big business of selling pirate copies of Bollywood movies, thinking, ‘ah, it’s a Muslim guy in the movie, I saw him wearing a Muslim cap.’
- The music promoting Hindutva is brushed off as ‘just part of the show’.
Do we understand and realize that all of the above has pushed Hindutva much further ahead than we can imagine, whilst numbing the Muslim mind even more? Do we not see the results in front of us?
When Muslim women are gang-raped by Hindu mobs, when Muslim children are burnt to ashes, when Masajid are destroyed, many Muslims stand and watch on, not even as much as bat an eyelid to the ruin caused by craving and desiring Bollywood.
We do not see or hear of these ‘Muslim’ Bollywood actors fighting for Muslim rights. Why are they silent at the mass murders of Muslim women and children in India and Kashmir? Where has representation gone? ‘We should use our influence’, what ‘influence’ has been given to the Muslim?
The message from Bollywood is clear for those who want to hear and heed. It is a tool to rope the Muslim, into music, drugs, alcohol, sex, and immorality. It has brought the Muslim no benefit in his life at home, school, work, the Masjid, and even his political activity.
There is deep-rooted wisdom in the teachings of the Noble Qur’an and the Blessed Sunnah of Rasulullah sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. It’s time that we walk away from filth and dirt and start looking at the beauty and enjoyment in Islam. When Islam is understood, valued, and appreciated, it must bring about peace of mind, enjoyment of heart, and a soothing atmosphere at home. Make a firm intention, O Muslim brothers and sisters all over the world, turn away from Bollywood. Realize the harm and damage that it has caused to you and your family.
The ‘Muslim’ actors have influenced Muslim boys and girls to turn Nikah in the Masjid into a Bollywood blockbuster, only to end as soon as it finishes.
I hope that every sincere thinking Muslim will turn around and say, ‘enough’. Allah Ta’ala is calling me back to Him.
And Allah invites to the Home of Peace [i.e., Paradise] and guides whom He wills to a straight path. [Surah Yunus: 25]
Now, man up and go to the Masjid and step on the prayer mat and pour your heart out to Allah Ta’ala.
Follow Mufti Abdullah on Twitter: @MuftiAMoolla